EQUIS Accreditation Extended
With EQUIS, AACSB, and AMBA, WU holds the three most important accreditations for business and economics universities. As only 1% of all universities worldwide can claim this distinction, this makes WU one of the world’s best schools.
WU achieved EQUIS (EFMD Quality Improvement System) accreditation in 2007. Regular reaccreditation proceedings are held to ensure that accredited universities continue to fulfill the accreditation agency’s high quality standards. WU was subject to a reaccreditation review in late 2017. Reviewers focused on ten areas in the fields of teaching, research, faculty, and internationalization, as well as ethics, responsibility, and sustainability.
WU can be proud of the results: WU was not only able to fulfill all of the required standards, in eleven areas our university was even rated “above standard.” The accreditation team was particularly impressed by WU’s unique role and position in Austria, its outstanding students, its close ties to the business community, the professional success of its graduates, and WU’s efforts in the area of ethics, responsibility, and sustainability.
Based on these positive results, WU’s EQUIS accreditation was extended for a further five years in early 2018. The renewal of the EQUIS seal of quality confirms WU’s status an attractive partner for research projects and cooperations in teaching for institutions worldwide. Our students also benefit from WU’s good name – WU graduates are highly appreciated employees at national and international companies, thanks to their excellent education.
Top Places in Business School Rankings
Like in past years, WU was very successful in international rankings in 2018. In addition to the programs Master in International Management and Quantitative Finance, which already did well in previous years’ rankings, the WU Master’s Program in Strategy, Innovation, and Management Control also achieved a top ranking in 2018.
The British business newspaper Financial Times (FT) ranks universities based on the categories alumni careers, diversity, international course experience, and research. For this ranking, alumni are surveyed in addition to the universities themselves. In this area, WU did particularly well with regard to job prospects after graduation, its large selection of foreign languages, and its international Environment.
The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings are among the most well-known higher education rankings. The QS rankings are based on surveys of graduates and employers. WU performed particularly well in the categories employability, thought leadership, diversity, and alumni outcomes.
WU Executive Academy’s Global Executive MBA also placed very well in both rankings.
- WU’s Master in International Management program placed among the top-ranked programs in the FT global Masters in Management ranking.
- This result makes WU the second best university in the German-speaking region.
- WU’s Master’s Program in Strategy, Innovation, and Management Control had a very successful debut in the QS Business Masters Rankings.
- Its rank at 18th place makes it one of the world’s best master’s programs in management.
- WU provides an outstanding education to future managers.
- The Master’s Program in Quantitative Finance came in at an impressive 20th out of 159 renowned programs from around the globe.
- WU Executive Academy’s Global Executive MBA program climbed two places in the 2018 ranking, coming in at 13th place in the QS Joint EMBA Programs ranking.
- This makes it the eighth-best program in the EU and third-best in the German-speaking world.
- The Global Executive MBA placed 45th in the year’s most important MBA ranking, rising 23 places compared to last year’s results.
- This puts the program in 13th place in the EU, and fourth in the German-speaking countries.
- WU is one of the best European business schools.
- At place 41 in the Financial Times European Business School Ranking, WU has moved up three places since 2017, even though WU is only included in two of the five individual rankings used to calculate the final score.
- WU is the highest-placing school with only two individual program rankings.